Monday, November 18, 2013

I am not at liberty to either confirm or deny...

I still have not been able to confirm the status of the MSP430G2 LaunchPad.  At TI website it's still marked active and I was able to order some today, although their confirmation e-mail is non-committal:

"You will receive an e-mail within 24 hours that includes the estimated shipping date for in stock items, or a backorder date for products not currently available. Once these items are packed and ready to be shipped from our warehouse, you will receive a shipping notification with the carrier name and tracking number of your item(s). Your credit card will not be charged until we ship the item(s) to you. If you would like a real time status of your order, please visit your personal My Account Page."

I checked my TI account and it shows my order for LaunchPads will ship on 11/21.  I just rechecked the TI store and the MSP430G2 LaunchPad is listed as a top seller (Yea!) and it's still in the list of LaunchPads. 

The distributor Newark (Element14) has over 300 in stock and clicking their check additional stock link indicates that they expect more on Dec. 2.  However their link for the Stellaris LaunchPad indicates that when current stock runs out there will be no more.  Element14 has been a proponent of the LaunchPad so I would expect them to be plugged into what is happening, so I feeling more assured.

I'm feeling better about the LaunchPad than I was this morning, but I wish that I could get confirmation from TI.  I have never been able to find a "Contact Us" link on the TI website so I cannot contact the LaunchPad's manager directly.  Maybe a post on their forum is in order.

Stay tuned!


4 comments:

  1. It would be a pity, being the amazing momentum this project has been picking up lately

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the old LaunchPad is still viable. See my most recent post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Componentbuy is one of the fastest growing distributors of Semiconductors and electronic Components in the world.Supports more than 20 Millions of Electronic components sourcing needs with Engineering Data support. Locating all your required components for your design and production needs.
    Our website will act as tool for the sourcing and Design engineers on the components needs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Componentbuy is one of the fastest growing distributors of Semiconductors and electronic Components in the world.Supports more than 20 Millions of Electronic components sourcing needs with Engineering Data support. Locating all your required components for your design and production needs.
    Our website will act as tool for the sourcing and Design engineers on the components needs.

    ReplyDelete